New York was a blast (as usual!)! We had a great time! We left Friday morning early (well, after a 2 hr. rain delay in DFW). Got to Newark, NJ around 12:30-ish (NE time), grabbed a quick bite to eat (I'm a pregnant lady...enough said!), and then jumped on the NJ Transit train to get to NYC! The weather wasn't great due to the hurricane. We did have rain on and off Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday morning, but we didn't let it stop us! We didn't let the weather stop us though. We decided to do some shopping and find activities that would keep us indoors during the rain on Friday evening. Friday evening consisted of dinner at POP Burger, dessert at Serendipity (were we had a Frozen Hot Chocolate! YUMMY!), shopping at FAO Schwartz, and mouthwatering fun at Dylan's Candy Bar! It was a great evening!
Monday, August 31, 2009
Back in a New York minute!
Saturday consisted of breakfast in Times Square, walking the Brooklyn Bridge, Washington Square Park, shopping at South Street Seaport and 34th & Broadway, and gourmet pizza for dinner! The weather ended up turning out nice, but it was humid and muggy. Again, we didn't let that stop us.
Sunday was nice! We spent the morning in Central Park taking more pictures, the afternoon seeing Mary Poppins on Broadway (It was fabulous!), and the evening with dinner uptown and people watching in Times Square!
Monday morning was beautiful! Wouldn't you know that the weather would be perfect the day we were leaving. We spent the morning at the Natural History Museum, did some last minute shopping, and grabbed one more New York slice of pizza before heading back to the airport.
It was nice to spend this time with Brent. We spent the majority of the time talking about baby names and wondering what our little piece of heaven was going to be! It was fun!
With New York comes a lot...A LOT...of walking! I need to brag on Brent for a second here! First, Brent has always been a gentleman, always treating me with the upmost respect. He has that chivalry that most women pray for in a husband! He was so attentive to me and my needs during the entire weekend. He carried our bags (up and down plenty of stairs to and from the subway and train), continuously insisted that we stop, sit, and take a break during long walks, and made sure that I had plenty to eat and drink along the way! He was fantastic! I already felt that he was a great husband, but this weekend just reaffirmed that! I a m so blessed to have him!
NYC is a fun place to go for everyone! I love it there and was so happy to have been able to have made more memories there with Brent! Here's a picture of some souvenirs that we bought for the baby! The zebra is from FAO Schwartz! There are so many more pictures that I planned on posting, but I wasn't able to get them all posted. I will try to post them later!
Posted by Ashley Gartrell at Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment