Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Begininng!


All of my life, I have been the type that has found comfort and stress relief in writing! Whether it be a source of creativity, my thoughts, or documenting my life's events in a journal, I found it to be enjoyable! So, I decided to start a blog of encouragement! I believe myself to be a positive person who strives to encourage myself and others! This is where I will discuss my life events and through my words, I will try to be encouraging!

Recently, I have felt a need for a change! Which is odd because my life is in full "change mode!" Brent, my husband, and I are house hunting, and I start a new job in two weeks! And, from my experience those are two huge changing factors in one's life! But, I've been in need of something different! Whether it be a new hobby or a temporary change in scenery! So, I decided that blogging would be a great new hobby! I will find some relief in my itch for change through my blogging experiences!

I also find it some what comical that I would be desiring any more change because I typically find comfort in routine! Not that I don't like change, but in some ways change can be very stressful! There are several important individual's in my life that are experiencing change in almost every possible way! Take for example, my cousin, Benay! (http://benaydennis.blogspot.com/)

Benay has recently made the decision to pick up and move to Tennessee to start a new career! WOW! Right?!?! But, how exciting! While it is nerve racking to take in the idea of a new city, new home, new people, etc....I think of it like this....a new experience, new friends, a new Christian family, and definitely a new blessing! Benay is really excited, but naturally nervous! So this is to you, Benay!

Here is the history, for those of you who may not know.... Benay is my cousin, who is younger by 3 years! Throughout childhood, our parents did an excellent job of making sure that we were able to spend a great deal of time together! It was not unlikely that each Summer, Benay and I would spend a week or so together! We spent many hours in pink sponge rollers, making jewelry, dressing up, dancing, singing, cheerleading for the annual Thanksgiving football game between the boy cousins and jumping on the trampoline! Needless to say, we have many many memories together! And, as we have grown, we have continued being there for one another! I sewed beads onto her Sr. prom dress and she was my maid of honor!

The Benay that I know is fun, vivacious, sweet, sincere, funny (no...scratch that...she's hilarious!), goregous, talented, faithful, intelligent, hard working, and so much more! But, most importantly, she is a blessing to all who know her and with God on her side, she can do anything! Benay, I know that you are going to soar through this new experience and blossom into the woman that God created! Remember that those of us back in the great state of Texas, love you, belive in you, and will be praying for you always! We hope that you will continue to call us and share your experiences with us, or that at the very least, you will continue blogging about your experiences! I love you always and wish you all the BEST!

And, to the rest of you! Let Benay be an example of being eager to experience the plans God has for you and to not let the unknown stop you from experiencing His blessings!

3 comments:

Benay Dennis said...

WOW! Thank you so much! You continue to amaze me and I do not know what I would do without you! You are the best sister/cousin a girl could ask for. love you!

Ashley Gartrell said...

Oh, well I love you too! I just wanted you to know that I am really proud of you and know that you will be successful no matter where God leads you! Hope you are feeling better! Talk to you soon!

Carol M. said...

Very sweet words about 2 very special girls.....I can't wait for the next entry.
Love you,
Mom