Friday, March 6, 2009

No babies yet!

Okay, so before I start getting comments related to my lack of postings, I should start by apologizing! Life has been a whirlwind lately! It's amazing how quickly time passes these days, which is ironic, funny, and true testament of God's sense of humor considering I can remember the days of when I was younger and prayed that time would speed up!

While there are many reasons why I haven't posted lately, the reality of it all is that I am lazy! I'll explain. It would be really simple to say that I haven't posted because I have a full case load of patients at work, an hour commute to and from work, regular everyday responsibilities which are limited to the time that I am home from work, etc....etc.... But the reality of it all is that the main reason I haven't blogged lately is because our laptop fried. And, yes, I mean fried. (My angry rant about stinky HP products can be saved for another day!)

Now some of you are probably thinking, "Well, that makes sense, you didn't have a computer!" But, you see, I did! We have a desktop too, but I am so accustomed to sitting on my comfy couch and blogging, that I couldn't get inspired to walk into our study/storage room and blog from our desk. See, I told you. I am plain lazy these days, but at least I am breaking the pattern!

So, in the past 2 months, so much has happened. Brent started back to school! I am really proud of him! I know that getting a graduate degree is hard work, but doing it while working full time and commuting 1 1/2 hours to and from work 5 days a week is sometimes near the impossible. Brent has always been strong in almost every aspect of life (especially academics), so I never doubted his ability to take on such a task with flying colors!

We started house hunting....again! I keep telling myself that God will provide, and he will, but I continue to question when and how much will it cost me! We have found several opportunities, but when you have been looking as long as we have, we just can't bring ourselves to settle on something we don't love! It'll happen, God will provide!

Our 2 (yes, 2) new nephews are due any day now! Brent and I are thrilled to add 2 little nephews to the list of kids we love to spoil! To summarize, Brandon and Mandy are having Conner Brandon, and Taylor and Kelcie are having Eastin Reid! We are so excited! The past 2 months have been filled with Baby showers out the whazoo! So much fun!

On Valentines' Day, Brent and I were waiting for a table at Olive Garden for dinner (along with what seemed like the rest of Fort Worth!)! Brent had bought me a iphone several weeks prior and was playing on it as we waited. He pulled up some True or False trivia game. One of the questions was "True or False....parents will lose between 450 and 700 hours of sleep during the first year of the baby's life?" Turns out....it's true!

So, to Taylor and Kelcie and Brandon and Mandy! May you get plenty of sleep during these last few days! Lord knows you are going to need it! We love you and can't wait to spoil these babies!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

My first nephew is due in five weeks, and I can't wait either!

And the sleep thing -- I believe it, but to see it in black and white, wow. Then multiply it by three and add however many hours you still lose in their 2nd and 3rd years of life...and cram all of that into 5 1/2 years...good grief, no wonder I'm tired!! :)

Ashley Gartrell said...

Right? I was blown away by it too! They are completely worth it though! And, being an aunt is so much fun!